Monday, July 9, 2007

My time has come!


I received a phone message from Bellingham Technical College about a week ago telling me that If I didn't enroll in classes for the fall they would take me off the nursing program last. I was confused by the message because they told me that I wouldn't be starting the nursing program for another year. When I called them back they said that they had sent me an acceptance letter (which must have gotten lost in the mail because I never got it.) They offered me a spot in the part-time practical nursing program starting this fall. I was quite shocked because Johnny and I had planned for me to start next fall. The way my schedule will work this school year though I will be able to keep my hours at the hospital and study at the same time. I am aware of two scholarship programs (one through the hospital and another from a local organization) that I will be applying for so I think it will work out financially (which was another worry starting so soon). After talking with Johnny about the offer we decided that it was my time-and to take it. For those of you who know me well-you know that I have been wanting to start nursing school for so long! I now have a set start date and a goal for being done-it feels good-and it feels right-God it good!

6 comments:

Noelle said...

Wow that came quick!! How exciting! Congratulations!

Bonnie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! WE'LL BE THERE SOON TO HELP YOU CELEBRATE!

naomi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
naomi said...

I am so proud of you Emily. It will be so nice to have a nurse in the family - our little guy will need someone else to take care of him when M & M's and band-aids don't work.

Love,
Peter

C Blasdel said...

good luck going back to school. How exciting that you get to start NOW!

naomi said...

call me anytime, if i go anywhere, it is usually in the afternoon but it is nowhere professional so i can answer my phone. i would love to talk to you.