Sunday, June 8, 2008

Robin


Several months ago, Emily and I purchased some paint and a canvas from a hobby store- I was intent on using some more of my creative side. After a good amount of time procrastinating, I finally buckled down and painted a picture. It is a picture of a robin. I knew I wanted to paint something that would give off a positive feel to it, and I don't really remember how I came about choosing specifically a Robin, but I guess it is something that gives me a happy feeling when I see a robin outside because it means summer is getting closer. I am pretty satisfied with the way it turned out, and even more, I am glad to know that I am finally using these paints that have been sitting around for so long.

5 comments:

Harvey Globetrotters said...

Very good sweetheart! I think it turned out really well. You rock! Can't wait to see you when I get off work!

Bonnie said...

Johnny...it's beautiful!! I love it! Robins do evoke a warm, positive feeling. It brought tears to my eyes...so proud of you!!

Noelle said...

WOW...very impressive!!! That looks great!! Definitely shows your amazing creativity and talent!!

It's funny different parts of the country...we see signs of summer and groan...oh no, it's here already! You see signs of summer and are happy...hooray, it's finally here! :-)

Love you guys!

Becky said...

Johnny--your talent is amazing! You just might need to leave a little birdseed out in the living room to let this robin eat!
Love you both all days,
Becky-Mom

Unknown said...

thats so awesome! you should paint one so we can place it in our living room! :) its a masterpiece!