Monday, June 1, 2009

Harvey Update


I just posted our Montana trip as well as our vist with the Bomford-Moore's. Sorry it's taken us so long to post! It seems like I'm doing nothing now that I'm not working but for some reason the days get filled quickly. I have applied to several nursing jobs in the Seattle area and had a phone interview last Friday with the Polyclinic for a float nurse position. I have an in-person interview down in Seattle on Wednesday at 9am so prayers for that would be wonderful! The Polyclinic is a large conglomerate of specialty clinics. They have 9 different locations just in the Seattle area. If I were to work for them I would have the potential to work in all locations and all specialties. It feels like a perfect opportunity for me because it would allow me to get my feet wet in specialties ranging from pediatrics to endocrinology to cardiology to gastroenertology to dermatology....pretty much any specialty. I have no idea what kind of nursing I want to do, so being in a position where I get to taste it all sounds pretty wonderful! I am hoping to know by the end of the week if I get the position or not. Johnny will find out by the end of the week wether or not he gets accepted into the University of Washington's GIS certificate program. He is finishing up his micro-certificate with SVCC this week. Everything is starting to wind down from the spring and summer is beginning. We both are anticipating the change that this week has the potential to bring. We went down to Seattle yesterday to look at a couple of living situations and weren't happy with what we saw and both felt exhausted from the city life. Prayers for our transition and feeling peace with our decision would be wonderful right now. In all, we are doing well and enjoying the fabulous warm weather Bellingham has been getting over the last couple of weeks. We have plans to go camping on Galiano Island off of Vancouver with friends this weekend. We come back for a day and turn around and go camping with other friends on the Olympic Penninsula. Should be a terrific week! I'll keep you all posted on the job/UW schooling situation.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

...praying daily for God's best for you!