Saturday, December 5, 2009

x-country skiing



We had a very un-graceful day x-country skiing today. Both Johnny and I haven't gone since we were quite young but it was a gorgeous day and we thought we'd give it a try. Despite our embarrassing form and strange looks from those who passed by we had a great time :)



Though it was a clear day...you can tell it was cold because my lips are blue!


Trying to get a good photo of the both of us but it's a little hard to move quickly in Nordic ski's to beat the 10 second timer! I feel like this photo illustrates the awkwardness of the day.


We left with smiles though!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

I'm glad your husband willingly went x-country skiing with you...I used to get boo-ed and heckled by my kids everytime I mentioned it. :-)

Harvey Globetrotters said...

I remember not being too keen on it when I was younger either...it's tough work! But at this age we enjoyed the challenge :) Are you guys going to set another down hill skiing date so you can try out your new gear?! I want to see pics!

What's New? said...

Looks like a lot of fun, Pat and I tried that a few years ago in Vail and I could not get the hang of it, we did it on a gulf course and on the hills I would just slide backwards!!
It was a really fun time tough!!
We love how adventurous you all are!!