Monday, February 22, 2010

Inner Peace

I saw this list a couple weeks ago and it struck a cord with me. I wanted to share it because I felt that it encompassed my goal for inner peace...something so easy to loose in the midst of busy lives and planning exciting adventures :) The list is called Symptoms of Inner Peace...

A tendency to think and act deliberately, rather than from fear based on past experiences.

An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment

A loss of interest in judging others

A loss of interest in judging self

A loss of interest in conflict

A loss of interest in interpreting the actions of others

A loss of ability to worry

Frequent overwhelming episodes of appreciation

Contended feelings of connectedness with others and nature

Frequent attacks of smiling through the heart

Increasing susceptibility to kindness offered, and the uncontrollable urge to reciprocate

An increasing tendency to allow things to unfold, rather than resisting and manipulating

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

wow...I'm just guessing that we could all benefit from the wisdom of those thoughts.

C Blasdel said...

these are powerful words!