Monday, November 5, 2007

Fall in Bellingham

We apologize for not posting in a while. We kind of felt like there was nothing really new going on in our lives. I almost put a pillow in my stomach and took a picture of myself just to have something interesting to post...but then I realized...that would be too weird. If everyone stocks the blogs sites just as much as I do...looking for new posts from the family everyday...Im sure everyone is wondering why we've ignored our own site. So I decided to just post what we have been up to.



We've really been enjoying the beautiful trails here in Bellingham... fall is such a beautiful season. Actually, Johnny always hated the season of fall-he would comment that it's the season of death...but during one of our walks this fall, he came to realize the beauty in life's circle :)


We've taken advantage of the bikes mom and dad Harvey gave us after the wedding. We've used them recreationally as well as a second car coming home from work. Thank you again mom and dad :)


I made homemade stew in my Crockpot (from Grandma Harvey) it was delicious...if the jam business doesn't work, I might try a stew business :) I also made two batches of cookies, one chocolate chip for Johnny and one butterscotch for me. I realized after, that I could have just split the batter, rather than two mounds of cookies on my counter. If you see a picture later on in the month and my belly is larger...its not because I resorted to pillow entertainment...but because we are eating too much :)


Johnny's been working really hard at work and then working hard on his internship when he comes home. He will be working with the city in the next couple of weeks on putting together a CD-ROM for the general public on low impact development tools that the average person can apply to their own home.


Even though I work every other weekend, it has been nice working evenings because we can still catch a hike in the day before I head off to work.

That's all for now. We are just enjoying life and each other. Johnny asked me out on a fancy date tonight...and we are going to Juneau in a couple of weeks...so there's more excitement and new posts to come before long I promise :)

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Oh, man, it was fun to come home from work today and see your long and fun posting!! For a minute, I thought that I'd clicked onto someone else's site. :-)

Noelle and I have been discussing which one of us should give you a hard time re: blogging :-) We began with Natalie...it's been way longer for her.

Yes, we all check EVERY day, just in case. (for me, several times/day) :-) I'm a blogging fool.

Glad you're enjoying the bikes, and, Johnny...so glad you are learning to appreciate FALL!!!

Noelle said...

Hooray!!! I'm so excited to see a post!! Mom is right...you were about to be harrassed next for not posting! :-) And I loved your comment on stalking family blogs...yours certainly gets stalked every day by me...and I'm like Mom...at least once a day, but usually more! :-)

We definitely need to catch up soon! We love you guys!

naomi said...

Ditto to Bonnie and Noelle. It is great to hear about your life and I am also glad Johnny came around to like Fall, it is my favorite. Have fun in Juneau, wish we could come too! MIss you-naomi